Thursday, October 9, 2008

Skinny House


All over Baltimore there are these "houses". The primary measurements you care about are width, and stories. I toured one today (not pictured) that was 18 feet wide, had a finished basement, 3 floors above ground, and a roof top patio. I think it had 4 bedrooms, but I kind of got lost. It was actually rather nice, and had a price tag to match, in the "high 500's". The more typical units are around 12 feet wide, and 2-3 stories, but a builder told me that some of the older ones go down to 9 feet wide. Basically if you demolished the home, my motor home would not fit in the resulting space.......

We are trying to decide if we should become city dwellers, or if we should head to the country. Decision pending.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kind of reminds me of our apartment we lived in after we got married. All up and down. Now we are glad to be in the country even with the commute.

Anonymous said...

Keep your children as far away from city life as you can.

Hilda said...

They might be skinny, but they do look very pretty and well-maintained.

Good luck with the decision that you have to make! If we had kids, and there was a good school nearby, we'd probably move away from the city though.

Bill said...

We are leaning toward the country :)

photowannabe said...

Those little skinny houses would be so dark I would think and not very wide...I think I would have claustrophibia.
I hope you can find just what you want and will make the entire family happy and comfortable.